Lighter Chicken Tacos Recipe
|Photo by Emily Simenauer on Unsplash|
- The same delicious Mexican dish with half the standard tacos fat. Grab the chicken, salsa and guacamole and make a delicious dinner for yourself.
- Mix the oil on a large plate with cumin and paprika. Sit on the plate with the chicken and rub the spiced oil around it. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, then cover and set aside as you prepare the salsa.
- Heat up the grill for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, along with the pepper and red onion, line a large baking tray with foil and place the tomatoes (cut-side up) on it. Brush the oil over the onion, season with pepper to the tomatoes and onion.Grill for 12-15 minutes, turning halfway through the tomatoes and onion until well charred. Remove (leaving the grill on) and set aside for cooling – put the pepper in a bowl and cover with a fastening film to make skin easier later.
- Put the avocado in a bowl for the guacamole and mash briefly with a fork, leaving for texture some chunky pieces. Mix the lime juice, spring onions, cilantro and chili flakes gently. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Use foil to re-line the baking tray and lay the chicken on it, plump side up. Grill until cooked for about 10 minutes–no need to turn it. Meanwhile, remove the seeds and juice from the tomatoes as much as you can (so the salsa isn’t too wet), leaving the pulp and charred skin. If the potato is cool enough to handle,Peel off the skin and discard it. Cut the onion and tomatoes and dice the pepper. Combine the lime juice, cumin, chili flakes, some pepper and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Remove from the grill when the chicken is cooked, cover with foil loosely and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat the fan / gas furnace to 180C/160C 4. Cut the chicken over the juices in chunky slices and spoon. Lay the taco shells on a baking sheet when ready to serve and warm up for 2-3 minutes. Serve in separate bowls the chicken, taco shells, yogurt, lettuce, coriander and lime wedges so everyone can build their own tacos.